On Oct 10, 2008, at 8:09 PM, Doug Burton wrote:

> G4 DA with Newer Tech 1.6 Ghz CPU, 512 Mb RAM, Rage Pro 128 video
> card, Acer 22" widescreen monitor, running 10.5.5
>
> I popped in a Monk DVD and wanted to check out the new display.
> Imagine my surprise when I got the above message.  I know the Rage
> 128 Pro card is crap, but one just like it worked fine with the same
> combo drive in my B&W.  What gives?

Think I just figured this one out.  I rebooted into 10.3.9 and the
DVD player works fine there.  I never thought about it but I guess
that 10.5.x no longer recognizes older video cards and doesn't
install any driver for them.  That might also explain why I can't
browse my album artwork in iTunes.  I've got the newer video card on
it's way so I won't worry too much about finding the correct driver
for the old card.  Sorry to bother everyone, resume normal activity.

Just an answer from Doug...