I think in my position I'd take the G5 purely because I hate having a real
small computer-mainly for the reasons of fixing and modifying. For this the G5
is in the class above

>From what you've said, I'd most certainly take the Mini, however

hope that helped

Iain Thornton

----- Original Message ----
From: Josh Smiley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: g3-5-list@googlegroups.com
Sent: Monday, 3 November, 2008 5:08:42 PM
Subject: Powermac g5 or mac mini.

This is my first post to the group.

I have been a Mac user for the last 6 years. I have always wanted a
Powemac/macpro.  The cost it what has always held me back.

Currently I use a 12" PB G4 for most of my mobile needs (just bought it from a
friend) . But, I am looking to replace my current iBook G4 which has been my
work horse for the last 4 years.

I am a little frustrated as of now. I can't afford a Mac Pro. Powermac G5s are
affordable, but seems way outdated. I was expecting Apple to upgrade the Mac
Minis, but nothing has happened.

My current setup is a 24" Samsung LCD that I use for playing xBox 360 and
office work ( I got it for $160 at Best Buy). I bought the LCD with the hope of
hooking my desktop up to it. That is the reason I don't want to/can't buy a
iMac.

My priorities are:
Running 2 Windows xp apps
editing video with iMovie and final cut
And support for my 54GB library of growning media.

My budget is $800 or less and both the Intel Mac Mini and PowerMac G5 seem to
fit the bill. I just don't know if the G5 will run windows.

Please help
thx
Josh Smiley