Thanks for the many replies. You guys are the best!

Are you saying CS4 will run on the G4 with OS10.4? Or it won't? It's
not supposed to unless I update it to the latest update I guess.

I am looking at CS4 because the 10 y.o. is doing Flash and will want
the new bones feature.

The iMac is his but I may get one for me, too.

Trying to decide stupid little stuff - like get him academic Flash if I
can load PS7 on my old machine, all I need is DW and PS really, altho I
get brochure requests from time to time so wouldn't Indesign be nice?
Balancing capital investment vs. medical bills, you know.

It seems getting the CS4 as a package might beat the academic deal
though. A lot of dough though I'll say. But I'll keep it for 5-6 years
until the next phase.

PS7 does not seem to want to run on the iMac, but I have to load the
full version as installed on my machine to see. I installed PS6 plus
the PS7 update and it just quits. So maybe start over there and give
the G4 to a sweet friend who is running win98 on an old PC from an
external hard drive (its internal has crashed).

What about getting CS3 on ebay and then upgrading to CS4? With MX (not
MS2004) I am out of lucky on upgrade deals, just one version too far
back.

Thanks again.

On Sunday, November 9, 2008, at 11:05  AM, Al wrote:

> On Nov 9, 12:18 am, hillhippy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Anne is talking about the minimum requirements for Adobe's new CS4.
>> Follow this link to the system requirements page:
>>
>> http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/designstandard/
>> systemreqs...
>>
>> Graphic programs allows demand the newest, biggest machines.
>
> Anne's Intel iMac is still good enough.  It exceeds both the minimum
> and recommended requirements.  Not everyone needs the greatest, souped
> up MacPro that money can buy.
>
> Al Poulin

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Creations