I have a system memory question to refresh my personal memory. I have
a DA with 1GB (1024MB) ram installed running 10.4.11. After running
my system all day (I shut down every night) and not quitting any apps
(13 are open), just closing the unused documents, the System Memory
portion of Activity Monitor shows:

Wired  103.24 MB
Active  589.93 MB
Inactive  314.41 MB
Free  14.64 MB

VM size 7.90GB
Page ins/ outs  50890/3877

My questions/ comments for verification are:

IIRC, the actual "free memory" is the combined inactive and free.
Correct?

So, in theory, I am not choking my system and work habits with "only"
1 GB of ram. (Yes, I remember choking my Plus with Multifinder and
1MB). I do not notice any lag switching programs except with very
large clipboards and menumeters shows high cpu usage, so I guess that
is processor dependent.

Thanks,
Len