I have a G4 733 Digital Audio that I was setting up to give to a
relative to use with Photoshop. He's into digital photography, and
this 733 ran Photoshop 9 just fine, and I was also giving him iLife
for iMovie and iPhoto and such. I put two 250-gig hard drives in it
and maxed out the memory at 1.5 gig. It was all set to go.

Then the thing just died, went defunct, extinct. Hitting the start
button does nothing. I tried everything that anyone on this list
suggested to revive the patient, but it remained deceased. I gave up
on it. Probably a dead power supply, and I don't know how to replace
them. I decided the easiest thing to do would be to transfer its
innards, the HDs and RAM, to a working 733.

Fortunately, replacement 733s are cheap and plentiful on eBay, going
for around $150 or less in good working order.

All the above is the setup for this question: there are Digital Audio
733s, and there are Quicksilver 733s, going for approximately the same
price. The Quicksilvers are newer, but are they that much better that
I should only consider the Quicksilvers? I think that a QS can accept
the RAM from a DA, so switching the drives and memory from one to the
other should not be a problem.

But what would I really gain by upgrading to a Quicksilver 733 instead
of a Digital Audio? Or are the differences so slight that I should go
with a DA if I happen to see a better deal on one of those on eBay?

Any advice much appreciated.

Tom