On Dec 9, 11:56 am, Bruce Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On Dec 9, 2008, at 9:10 AM, Dan wrote:
>
> Neither Time Machine or Time Capsule drives are BOOTABLE, so the
> partition scheme does not matter.
>
> Restoration is done via booting from the System DVD, then choosing
> restore from Time Machine or Time capsule volume. (I know, I was
> looking at doing that just yesterday...my system crashed in a very
> strange way, but an A&R fixed it.)

Thank you Bruce and Dan.  I was not thinking the drives are bootable,
but I needed to deconflict Apple's info about volume initialization
compatibility with G4s and Intel Macs.

Now my last questions I think.  Does a USB hard drive connected to a
Time Machine volume or a Time Capsule become an extension of that
volume for Time Machine's purposes, or does it become just a place to
copy what's already on the TM/TC, or both?

And if both, I hope that user procedures for choosing the option I
want to use is simple and foolproof.

Al Poulin