I'm pretty sure this means that it's looking for a network drive to
start up from.

If it is, the following should work:

Hold down the "option" key on startup, and select your boot drive.
When it's finally booted up, you may need to go into System
Preferences and make sure that your regular boot drive is selected as
the Startup Disk. Things should go back to normal.

Dan and Bruce will probably have an answer that they're actually 100%
sure about, though. I have no idea what's going on with the fan.

Anyway, I hope that helps.
Isaac