Thankyou everyone!
Thanks to Tony mentioning Inventory X - now I can see 6 gigs I dont need
bloating space, wahoo!
But for a little clarification...
I am a blacksmith, not a puter xpert, so some of your sincere replies are a
bit over my head, would it be helpful to have new members give a 1-10 rating
of their computer saviness? I'd say 2 or 3 for me.
Through Inventory X I see a folder in my 10.3.9 partition that has no more
name than a 'period'.  thats all   [ . ]
It has 4.3 gigs of duplicated user and administrator stuff - good grief.
it must have happened a year back when I tried doing some updating after my
puter guru friend got too sick to come out & help anymore. I am confident
this folder can be dumped ( thanks to you folks I have made a ccc backup
now)
However this 4.3 gig folder does not show up in the normal osx folder - how
do I locate it so it can be trashed?
I have more of your emails to reply to yet but think to just send this for
now because it is the biggest problem
thanks so much again,
Del

( I still run our family biz website on Pagemill 3.  I have installed a new
seagate 160 GB hard drive inside our Sawtooth, but am waiting on the time to
learn how to move over to it and upgrade to Tiger - as a handcraftsman in
the sticks I'm a bit short on time to self learn puter stuff)