My dual 2.3 GHz G5 w/10.5.6 froze strangely with the cursor & mouse
still moving with the spinning beachball icon, and no other
functionality. The clock was frozen also. I waited 5 minutes and
nothing changed. No commands for "Force Quit" worked, so I rebooted by
holding the power button on the case.

Upon reboot something different happened. I have Little Snitch
installed. A process called "natd" wanted to connect to "local.host"
via many UDP ports (about 20 total) in the series between 49159 and
49195.

A Google search of "natd" and "OS X" seems to indicate there may be
some security issue, however this report says that ALL versions of OS
X are vulnerable EXCEPT version 10.5.6 that I'm using?:

<http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/32874>

I "allowed" these connections in Little Snitch, thinking they were
normal OS X things, but now I'm not sure? This was on initial boot, no
applications were running other than the login items. Here's the login
items list:
iTunesHelper, ATI Monitor, Airport Base Station Agent,
FontExplorerXAutoload, SMARTReporter, gtslauncherdaemon, EyeTV Helper.

I've rebooted several times, and each time this entire string of natd
connections wants to connect. This is very different behavior than
before. The strange freeze with the mouse working but everything else
frozen seems to me that it might be a "buffer overflow" as minimally
described in the recent security bulletin above?

Any ideas?