On Dec 27, 2008, at 8:36 PM, Charles Davis wrote:

> On Dec 27, 2008, at 6:22 PM, Jeffrey Engle wrote:

>> I had this same problem with my new macbook, and a time machine
>> volume
>> attached to my AE base station.... Gave me such fits, that I dropped
>> the TM thing all together for now and went back to 10.5.5.
>>
>> Jeff Engle
>

> Jeff:
> I was under the impression that 'Time Machine' was an application
> available under OSX.
> Are you trying to say that if you have 10.5.6 -- Time machine MUST be
> used??
>
> Chuck D.

Time Machine is software.... A time machine volume is simply the hard
disk in use by time machine. And no, time machine is merely an option
like anything else. I just was having problems with time machine (the
software that is) after I updated to 10.5.6  Hope that helps, J

Jeff Engle
Kamiah, Idaho 83536

208-935-0992
eBay ID: Bluebedheads w/290+ pos. feedback