Greetings all,
I am quoting from Kris re; another thread, but decided to start a new
topic so as not to hijack the older one:
(quote)
An excellent Menu Extra which will enable you to control your sound
input/output devices from the Menu Bar is called "Sound Source 2.0"
from Rogue Amoeba.
(end quote)
I tried this and it works great (keeps track of both system audio and
all my 3rd party routing interfaces "on the cheap") so I'll keep it
around. However, doing so adds yet one more item to the Menu Bar. I
use MenuMeters, Stuffit Deluxe, iLok keys, along with the myriad of OS-
related menu additions (Time Machine, iSync, Bluetooth, Monitors,
Spotlight, time, volume, modem, Airport, etc.). I am sure many of you
also have a comparable menagerie of inserts.
Here's my question: remember in OS 9 one could reorganize the Control
Strip modules by pressing the Option key and sliding them around? Is
there anything comparable in OSX that allows one to manage the
locations of all of these Menu Bar elements?
Thanks for the thoughts.
Best regards,
Dana