This G3 is for someone on an extremely limited budget, who's mainly
using the computer for email. Otherwise, broadband would make a lot of
sense. These days, the Internet is so full of ads and pointless little
animations that my 256K DSL connection seems slow, even with
Flashblock running on Firefox.

I just discovered a USB-to-RS232 adapter, but I'll also look into the
internal modem. You know, with the low price of G3's these days, it
might be cheaper to simply buy another G3 that happens to have the
modem. The one I'm working on was only $15, and it came equipped
enough to at least run Tiger for tasks like email and word processing.

Maybe I can also try wireless and see if I can sneak onto a network...
I read that a large metal coffee can sticking out the window makes a
good antenna...