On Feb 9, 2009, at 6:04 PM, Charles Davis wrote:

> On Feb 9, 2009, at 2:12 AM, Dan wrote:
>>>
> snip
>>>
>>> Use Curl ! first, it allows you to resume partial downloads, second,
>>> it is friendlier with your computer (trust me).
>>>
>>> try in Terminal (maybe "cd Desktop"):
>>
>> cd ~/Desktop
>>
>> curl -LO url
>>
>> The -L says to properly follow redirects and the -O says to extract
>> the filename from the url.  The file is placed in the current default
>> directory (the place where you cd'd to).
>>
>> curl -LO
>> http://gentoo.osuosl.org/experimental/ppc64/livecd/installcd-ps3-
>> minimal-20071212-r1.iso
>>
>> Ok.  That probably wrapped poorly, but you get the idea.
>>
>> To kill the download, hit ^C.
>>
>> To resume the download, just re-issue the command.
>
> Just started the 'curl' download   ---- We'll see how this goes.

Keep the Terminal window as "80x24" --- otherwise the report
information from the 'curl' command is hard to decipher.

'Ctrl c' stops the download ---
Re-issuing the curl command does NOT resume the download. It just
starts the process all over again.

This time when starting things I neglected to enter the 'cd ~/
desktop'  But was able to locate the download target file in my
'user' directory. [I.E. I found it, so no problem']