At 11:40 AM -0800 2/24/2009, Al wrote:

>This addresses my concern also.  There really should be some utility
>that can help consumer users with this issue, and also the issue of
>corrupted indexes for which you and Bruce so often repeat the three
>terminal commands in these lists.  This could become an added feature
>of OnyX  and Cocktail.

An interface would be nice in OnyX.

But I'm a bit wary.  There seems to be a very large number of
mostly-undocumented error returns in mdutil.  How would a wrapper
apps such as OnyX or Cocktail handle them, other than badly?

My personal pref is to have people type the mdutil commands.  They're
relatively harmless, and if something goes wrong they can easily
paste it all at us.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth