Hi Listers,

After about 6 months of procrastination, tonight I finally did The Deed:
Nuke and pave to single partition my iBook's HD and clean it up but good.
All was going beautifully, actually it IS going beautifully, except for
ONE CRUCIALLY IMPORTANT THING:

There is no Classic pane in System Preferences!   :-O

I don't nuke and pave often, but I've done it enough to make sure that
the little box for OS 9 drivers is checked in Disk Utility is checked --
and I know it was checked tonight....and I've also never opened my System
Prefs and not seen the "9" Classic in the System area -- UNTIL NOW!!

Tech Info:

iBook G3/800, 30 GB HD, 640 MB RAM -- installed OS X Tiger 10.4.3 from
DVD, then ran 10.4.9 Combo Updater.

After post-updater reboot and confirmation that I was in 10.4.9 by
popping About This Mac, I started loading in all the data gathered onto
the flash drives earlier today, including the OS 9.2.2 System Folder to
run Classic. However, this system folder is recognized in the Startup
Disk pane in System Preferences....not that I plan to use it for that,
but my iBook at least knows it's there!

Ummmmm, what did I screw up?   :::::blush::::

Will an Archive Reinstall somehow give me my Classic Prefs back?

Thanks,

~Yersinia.

________

"When you move something to a more logical place, you can only remember
where it used to be and your decision to move it."