She might want to try a brand name antivirus like Norton or McAfee (If
McAfee makes it for macs), I know McAfee for the PC scans before for viruses
before installing.
I use McAfee for my laptop and Norton for Mac OS 9.
I have  all the auto scanning and auto protection off for Norton, to save
System resources.

From,
Stephen
maryland...@gmail.com