At 8:45 PM -0700 4/3/2009, Kyle Hansen wrote:

>As an Apple Certified Technician I am getting a ton of client complaints
>regarding Eudora, especially in the last few weeks.

Real Eudora or Thunderbird with the Penelope strap-on?

>isn't Eudora just a different GUI over Thunderbird now?

The Penelope project is working on that.  It has far far far to go.

<https://wiki.mozilla.org/Penelope>

>I never really liked Eudora because it was freeware written for a University
>and it was not polished.  I equated it to Norton.  I spent more time
>troubleshooting those two programs than any others.

Eudora evolved a lot from its University days.  Vers 6 is quite
polished, IMO, and very stable.

If your clients are having problems with Eudora, then you need to dig
in and fix it.  Eudora (with sounds disabled) is quite stable on both
Tiger and Leopard.

*Sometimes* things get rocky if you have a lot of very large or
corrupted mailboxes.  There is a limit of 32,000 messages per
mailbox.  The ones to check are In, Out, and Trash -- they're kept
open all the time.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth