At long last, I got a better card than the original that came with my
QS 933, clearing the way for me to get a bigger screen.

But one thing that is puzzling is how to find out the native
resolution of my screens without digging out the documentation. There
seems no Mac software that tells this? I have a feeling that one of
my screens is 1600 by 1080 but this is not quite one of the
possibilities showing up from the new card. Close is 1600 by 1024,
sure looks fine but it would be nice to be exactly right. I must say,
the colours look so much better with this new card with its little
fan! And being a true Mac card, I might even have a go at using the
sleep function sometime.

I run two monitors off this card:

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro:

   Chipset Model:       ATY,R350
   Type:        Display
   Bus: AGP
   Slot:        SLOT-1
   VRAM (Total):        128 MB
   Vendor:      ATI (0x1002)
   Device ID:   0x4e48
   Revision ID: 0x0000
   ROM Revision:        113-A07525-130
   Displays:
DELL SP1908FP:
   Resolution:  1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz
   Depth:       32-bit Color
   Core Image:  Supported
   Mirror:      Off
   Online:      Yes
   Quartz Extreme:      Supported
VA2026w:
   Resolution:  1600 x 1024 @ 60 Hz
   Depth:       32-bit Color
   Core Image:  Supported
   Main Display:        Yes
   Mirror:      Off
   Online:      Yes
   Quartz Extreme:      Supported

Anyone know if there is a technique to discover *native res* of the
monitors. Do the monitors not supply the info somehow to the OS?

Perhaps I might need to get software from the card manufacturer's
website. I recall the twin turbo software from that old chestnut card
on my 7300, able to deliver different resolutions...

--
dorayme