Hi -

I have a 15" PB/G4 1.67 running Mac OS X 10.4.11.

Last night when I was working late, I noticed that my keyboard was
hotter than I have experienced before. (The hot area extends from the
screen, through the space bar, to the top of the trackpad.)

The PowerBook sits on a stand that provides a 1" airspace at the back
to allow air circulation.

I went online to request a local Apple Store Genius Bar appointment.

I took it in this morning - they ran a 30 minute hardware test and
responded that no hardware problem(s) were found.

I am now typing on a keyboard much hotter than yesterday evening ...

Has anyone else had a similar problem and suggestions for what might
be wrong and what I should do about it.

I really do not want to 'downgrade' to a MacBook with a glossy
screen, potentially no FireWire, and running Leopard ... :-(

- Maretta