On Jun 18, 2009, at 9:09 PM, Nestamicky wrote:

> On Jun 18, 2009, at 1:23 PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:
>
>> and waiting to get the stupid new media computer set up.
>
> Well THE Bruce care to tell us how he plans to setup a media G4. Some
> of us will ask; what would Bruce do? I have a Sawtooth I could use to
> follow...

Well, "Media Computer" is a bit more grandiloquent than "computer
attached to the teevee for the purposes of playing music, watching
video podcasts, DVD's and surfing the web".

For the time being, it's going to contain a copy of our iTunes
library, our iPhoto library, and run OS X. I've got a Gyropoint mouse,
and will initially have a long USB extension on the keyboard until I
get a bluetooth or other wireless keyboard. It's going to be our DVD
player and that's about it.

When/if I upgrade my internet connecteion (currently el-chespo 1.5 mb
service) we can download movies from ITMS, but right now 'Hey honey
what movie do you want to watch in approximately 8 hours' is way too
much future planning for our lifestyle.

I'm not doing DVR or anything fancy like that.

In the future I'm looking to consolidate our media libraries onto a
single server and access it from all the computers in the house, but
for now, I can keep stuff synched pretty easily.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona