On Jun 28, 2009, at 8:08 PM, tonycd wrote:

> Thanks for the excellent suggestions, Kris.
>
> Unfortunately, it appears I'm too dim to enact any of them.
>
> Lacking even an iPod or flash drive, what I tried was to transfer the
> files via my external FireWire backup hard drive. The problem I had
> was that I can't figure out how to use Pacifist to transfer a package
> in installable form, as a package. The only choices it seemingly gives
> me are 1) to install the program in the same machine that has the CD/
> DVD drive, or 2) to extract the files into a set of folders that are
> collected in one folder, but don't work as an installable program.
> Pacifist also seems unable to separate a single .mpkg, only to extract
> or install it.
>
> Absurd as it sounds, the only option I could figure was to copy the
> ENTIRE install DVDs into my backup drive as disk images, in the hope
> that the receiving machine's Pacifist could install them. I spent all
> the time to copy them, then for the recipient Smurf to read them, only
> to find that Pacifist wouldn't install them on the recipient machine
> -- it would only deposit them as an extracted set of folders. Which is
> useless.
>
> I think I'm screwed. Or more accurately, my son is. Sigh.

Maybe you need a CD set for Tiger like an eMac 16CD one.

I am looking at mine and I see Garageband with Pacifist.

If I can help in some way ... e-mail me offlist. Don't want to sell
it, but maybe there's some way I can help with the part you're
looking for w/o violating layman's copyright laws?

Bill Connelly
artsite: http://mysite.verizon.net/moonstoneartstudio
myspace: http://www.myspace.com/moonstoneartstudio