On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Anastasia O'Melveny<scho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Need to open documents created with Word 6.0.
> Older G3 computer System 7.1, worked find.
> But printer died, tried my old printer Epson SC600
> which is supposed to be compatible.  Installed driver etc.
> Printer prints Simple Text OK.
>
> Can open/create/edit Word 6.0 documents
> but immediately after seeing the print preview and hitting print,
> Word crashes and gives error of type 1.
>
> Microsoft doesn't list this version of Word on their help page
> I hear that word 6.0 and OS 9.0 may not talk to each other well.
>
> I would be happy to upgrade to Word 7.00 or later but don't know how
> to obtain these.
> How does one locate old software (if that would fix my problem)

On my 9600 they work fine together. Have you gone through the setup completely?

Do you have enough hard drive freespace for Word 6 scratch disk area?
IIRC even if you have LOTS of RAM Word likes to use hard drive space.
Or the printer driver and software may require it. I had a problem 5
years ago when I got an Epson that insisted on hard drive free space
beyond reason.