On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 12:08 AM, tortoise<cymraeg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wallace Adrian D'Alessio wrote:
>> Recently other threads about violating the
>> Apple EULA
> [snip]
>> how is running OS X on a Playstation 3 any less of a violation
>> of the Apple EULA than running it on an Intel or AMD machine i.e. a (
>> non- Apple ) PC? Even that running under emulation?
>
> MOL is not an emulator, it runs natively on POWER hardware.

PLEASE READ THE LINE from my original post DIRECTLY ABOVE yours.

> On ps3 its sort of a toy since it only has 256MB of RAM...  probably
> limited to Jaguar X.2.8 etc. The PCI-X card is much more expensive and
> still only has 512MB which is still tight even for Tiger which is
> going away now. Although for some games maybe it is OK...
>
> The Power5+ Intellistation would be more interesting though, not for
> me as I need a laptop...

This is not the thread for discussing this OT. If I am to read OT it
will be about the Hackintosh and how it works for those who use it.
Not about the intricacies of PlayStations and various schemes to do
pointless exercises with it.

> Most people only use these to help them transition. Linux can mount
> mac disk images now and has always been able to access HFS disks so it
> is not so much an issue, I think as using a pc as a mac all the time.
>
> I think IBM engineers used to run MOL on their machines but they
> discourage it now. ..

Gee,, did it violate the IBM EULA? How sad for them.