On Jul 9, 10:35 pm, Ricardo Sevilla <ae86dr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all. I have a owc 1.2 ghz g4 with 2gigs of ram and a 500 gig hdd.
> My internet is nowhere near as fast as I think it should be and the
> computer itself is pretty slow for my tastes. I have the original video
> card in it as well. Is there anything I can do to this machine to make
> it faster? I dont want to upgrade to a newer computer just yet. I would
> like to make this g4 snappier and to my liking and after I accomplish
> this I will consider upgrading to a g5 or maybe even an older/newer
> iMac. any help/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

What is the basic Apple model for this upgraded G4?  Internal bus
speed is a consideration.  Also, for an assessment, please advise what
type of internet connection you have, dial-up, DSL, or cable?  And if
possible, what is the rated through put of the connection?  What is
the modem?  Are you using ethernet or the much slower Wi-Fi?  One or
more of these factors could be your choke point.  What do you see for
an Internet speed test?
http://www.dslreports.com/speedtests/
http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Al Poulin