Hello,

My dual G5 won't boot now.  Here's a synopsis of the problems:

1. usually hangs up at the white screen with the gray logo
2. sometimes hangs up there and then shuts down on its own
3. the tech had it working for 4 hours this morning & then it stopped
    - he changed the pram battery since it's from June 2004 approx.
    - he checked the connections
    - he tested the hard drives with Disk Genius: passed all the tests

I'm currently removing RAM in case there's a bad RAM stick.  He thought it was probably a bad mother board and time to be replaced with a new Intel Mac.  Is there a way to troubleshoot a bad motherboard.

Other points: I had done the recent Apple updates and 1 of the 2 fans isn't working.  He didn't think there was a safety that shut down the computer / boot process if it sensed a bad fan.

Appreciate any insight.  Thanks.

Jason