> On Jul 27, 2009, at 5:43 PM, Meghrouni Vince wrote:
>
>> After setup as per above, printer works but G4 no longer can detect
>> scanner. (Hewlett Packard All-in-one printer via USB cable)
>
> I've got an HP PSC-1210 AIO and never got it to scan with anything
> other than the original software which is outdated Jaguar vintage. I
> believe the latest HP software for 10.4 & 10.5 TOTALLY break the
> scanner software and anything else other than normal printing. I
> believe if you use 3rd-party scanner software such as ViewScan, SANE
> for OS X, or SilverFast you can scan.

When I ran the AIO directly from my G4 via USB, the scanner was fine
and the HP scanner (and printer) software worked fine with it.  It is
when, in order to make it work with the Airport Extreme Wireless
Router, I connected the HP AIO from that Airport Extreme Wireless
Router that the scanner was undetectable.