> Date: Mon, Aug 10 2009 3:27 am
> From: Kris Tilford
>

> I've never experienced the exact problem you're having, but I had a
> similar problem in the search window of Safari involving the inability
> to place a cursor. In the Safari problem, I caused it myself by using
> Monolingual to remove some of the language resources for non-English
> languages, and this wrecked the search window cursor and search
> function. The only solution was to replace the single specific
> language resource file that was stripped; OR reinstall Safari
> completely. I was able to locate the exact file, and posted something
> on Apple Discussions about this issue.
>
> In your case, if you've used Monolingual or a similar program to
> removed excess language resources there's a good chance you've done
> something similar to Finder. It would probably be difficult to locate
> the exact file that would be necessary to fix the problem, so a
> shotgun approach that might work would be to reinstall the last Combo
> Update and hope that refreshes the missing or corrupted file.

Thanks Kris, I don't think I have used Monolingual? But I may have or
may have thrown out some fonts? In the URL I gave, did the font seem
different to what others have?

Anyway, what you and Clark are saying sounds a good clue! I will see
if it means so much to me that I should dig up the Combo Update. When
I have finished a few jobs I have and run out of pressing work, I
probably will!

--
dorayme