Bruce Johnson wrote:

> On Aug 26, 2009, at 6:01 PM, Stephen E. Bodnar wrote:
>
>> Interesting. I don't have a Google login. I was grandfathered in from
>> the old non-Google list. This may be another reason that the
>> unsubscribe
>> may not work. I'm not ready to quit yet though!
>

> You do have a google login. You may not know the password, but you do
> have a Google account, since that's how you were 'grandfathered in'.
>
> And for the paranoid, all google needs for your login is your email
> address....which it already has, duh!

Wandering a bit off-topic, apologies.

Yes, I know, there is a Google account with my name on it. There's a
difference here, but to me it does show a bit of paranoia, in this age
of stolen identities. "I" don't have a Google account because "I" never
set it up. Someone else set it up using my name and email.

It matters to me right now because our "beloved" University I work at
has just moved all their email over to Google. What a mess, I'm the tech
that deals with it at the desktop end. They set up an account for me
with a non-intuitive username so everyone can get it wrong. And
calendars? It was supposed to solve the calendar mess so everyone would
work off the same page. Instead, everyone has two or three of their own
calendars and then invites you to join theirs. So now there are hundreds
I'm expected to wade through. Sheesh.

/rant

Apologies again for list off-topic

Stephen