On Aug 29, 2009, at 9:55 PM, Stephen Conrad wrote:

>> If you're sure you have a bootable clone, have you tried the newer
>> clone target drive (WD 120GB ?) alone, without any jumpers set?
>>
>> Do both drives (WD 120GB, IBM 40GB) have the exact same jumper
>> meanings?
>>

> The 120 GB HD is set to Master
>
> From Disk Utility
>
>       Disk Description :      WDC WD1200JB-00CRA1     Total Capacity :
> 111.8 GB
> (120,034,123,776 Bytes)
>       Connection Bus :        ATA     Write Status :  Read/Write
>       Connection Type :       Internal        S.M.A.R.T. Status :     Verified
>       Connection ID : Device 0        Partition Scheme :      Apple Partition
> Map
>

> The oher HD (one it came with)
>
>       Disk Description :      IBM-IC35L040AVVA07-0    Total Capacity :
> 38.3 GB
> (41,174,138,880 Bytes)
>       Connection Bus :        ATA     Write Status :  Read/Write
>       Connection Type :       Internal        S.M.A.R.T. Status :     Verified
>       Connection ID : Device 1        Partition Scheme :      Apple Partition
> Map

That doesn't seem to tell me anything about bootability.

When you did the CCC 3.2.1 (???) did it say that the resulting Target
volume was bootable in the CCC window?

I would try the WD 120GB alone, at the end of the ATA cable, without
any jumpers set.

I would also need to see the drive case and what it says about jumpers
to help much more ... for both of the drives. Don't happen to have
jpegs of the drive's jumper setting diagrams?

I tried a quick search with google ... too much came up ...