Hello OpenOffice.org lovers!

While OpenOffice.org 3.0+ is now running native on Mac OS X (finally using
Aqua instead of X11) it will definitely leave PPC behind.

This is because Apple itself is leaving PPC behind. That is just the way
things go.

In the Windows world it is the same with Microsoft leaving DOS-based Windows
versions behind (Windows 95-Me). I had a few friends complaining that
nowerdays not one newer program is running on their Windows 98SE - the best
Windows as one of them always claimed.

OpenOffice is still being compiled for PowerPC. Shouldn't be a problem for any
developer to build such a package for PPC users, even if Sun (or Oracle?)
ever decided not to release an official PPC build.
(One of the greated advantages of open source!!!)

But _here_ is where the "leaving behind" starts:
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/pdfimport

Such a great feature - being able to import a PDF into OpenOffice Draw and
changing a typo or modifying a sentence or a picture or whatever. It's closed
source, so there won't be a PPC port for that. Sun released it for x86 only.

Sorry, G3/G4/G5 users. We are definitely being left behind...

Cheers,
Andreas  aka  Mac User #330250