Dan wrote:
> At 9:37 PM -0500 9/4/2009, Fred Thiel wrote:
>> I networked my PowerMac G4 to my G4 eMac with a wireless Belkin
>> router. Both are running OSX 10.4.11 and personal file, DVD and
>> Personal Web sharing are checked on both. I can see the applications
>> that are on my eMac from the PowerMac, but not vice versa. Both
>> folders appear to be in the same place on their respective volumes,
>> on the root level, but I can't figure out how to make the PowerMac
>> Applications accessible from the eMac. Any ideas would be greatly
>> appreciated.
>
> To see beyond the user directories, you must login to an administrator
> account.

You're right, non-admin accounts only see other users folders and then
usually only the Public folder.  Admin accounts can see the whole HD.

I had to test it out as I almost never use a non-admin account.

But you can use SharePoints to provide much more control, similar to
what Leopard allows.  You can use it to make any folder (including the
root) a share.  You can also use it to create sharing only users.  You
can setup folders with different control for AppleShare and Windows
Sharing too.

www.versiontracker.com lists it.

I believe there are different versions for Tiger and Panther.

--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA