On Sep 9, 2009, at 10:50 PM, Stephen Conrad wrote:

> Got myself a stick of RAM that I wonder what Macs it might work in
> 256 MB, DDR, 266MHz, CL2.5
> PC2100U-25330-Z

You can download MacTracker for free, and then look in the "Memory"
section to see which models use PC2100. Some Macs require "low
density" RAM, and MacTracker does NOT distinguish this critical
aspect. If you use high density it will either boot as half the stated
size, or not boot at all. I don't know whether these models require
low-density or not?

The only Mac models that can use your RAM are:

867 MHz MDD
1.0 GHz FW800 MDD
1.0 GHz iMac G4 USB 1.1