Questions about start-up drives; how best to copy a drive to be used
in another computer?

I have a G4 dual  867mhz MDD that has a power supply that's showing
signs of failing.  I recently installed Leopard on a new Seagate 7200
Barracuda 500G as my new start-up drive into this machine.  I bought a
used G4 dual 1.25 mhz MDD that works (it currently has one drive,
160G, with Tiger installed).

The Seagate intermittently makes whirring sounds as it powers down
when the 867mhz goes into sleep mode.  OWC said to send it back.

I have an empty 500 G in the ATA 66 hard drive slot in the 867mhz.  My
goal is to use the 1.25 as my working computer, and keep the 867 for
parts, etc.  What is the best way to turn the empty 500G into a boot-
up drive that will work in the 1.25mhz?  I could clone it to the drive
wjhile it's in the 867mhz, or I could put it in the empty slot in the
ATA 100 side of the 1,25, OR I have an enclosure that I could use
temporarily for the 500 G.

Any ideas, warnings, etc. are appreciated.  I have my iTunes, a 600G +
library, on a separate drive, and plan to move that drive into the
1.25 as well.  Am I right in assuming I will need to have my boot-up
drive in the 1,25 labeled thae same as the 867 in order for the iTunes
application to locate the libray on  the other drive?

Mira