> Date: Tues, Sep 22 2009 4:18 pm
> From: Jim McGee
>

> Hey folks-
>
> Getting ready to replace the video card in my Quicksilver 867
> (single, pre 2002) and want to make sure that it is done properly.....
>
>       Present card:   Rage 128 Pro (16 mb)
>       Replacement:    nVidia 5200, AGP (128 mb)
>
> Please advise as to the recommended procedure.....

Turn off your machine, open it, put the power cord back in (the wall
socket to off position though) and have everything ready. Touch the
metal part of the QS (not any electronics!). Handle both cards by the
edges only (just look and don't touch the electronic looking bits).
Gently rock the existing resident length-wise till it feels a bit
loose and pull straight up then. Reverse action for replacing. Press
firmly in. Close up and that's about it. The rest is easy enough when
you start up, check your monitor control panel and screens for the
correct res and set up.

--
dorayme