On 23-09-2009 00:58, Gus, gusr...@comcast.net, wrote:

> I saw a post awhile back where someone was trying to interface an old
> apple monitor to a newer VGA card.  Was there any resolution to that?
> Does anyone make an adapter for the old monitors for use with the VGA
> standard sockets?  I know they made adapters to go from the old mac
> computers to use with the VGA Monitors.  Never seen where they went
> the other way around though.

Well, I strongly believe you mean the topic "How do I run an old monitor on
sawtooth" started by Brian Christmas on Nov. 17, 2008.
He was looking for such an adaptor, but couldn't find it in Australia. At
that time I had several of these laying around and only one still in use
(and even till now to connect a ColorSync 20-inch to a VooDoo-3 in my PM
9699/350). Till around 2 yrs ago I used 2 of these adaptors to connect 2
ColorSync's 20-inch to a Sawtooth. Never had/have any problems. Well and
after sending one to Brian Christmas he told me the adapter also works well
with him.
I know they are hard to find now. But last week I saw still several in a
small local (Amsterdam, NL) Apple Service Station. They sell them for € 15
(= US$ 21,85 today). And perhaps I also have still one in my Old Mac Mass.
Have to dig.

HTH,

Jo Hissel