At 6:14 PM -0700 9/26/2009, Bruce Johnson wrote:
>On Sep 26, 2009, at 3:10 PM, Dan wrote:
>  > If you're worried Apple is going to screw you, then it won't matter
>>  what version of iTunes you run - you're always going to have that
>  > fear.  The only soln there is to buy real CDs and DVDs...
>
>Or any song out of Apple's catalog now...it's all DRM-free, has been
>for quite a while. AAC is an open, standard format.
>
>And let us be extremely clear..it's NEVER been APPLE that could screw
>us, it was the music publishers who forced DRM on us.

WRT DRM itself, I agree.  But Apple's control of said DRM
(?Fairplay?) will leave you with unplayable music if the iTunes Store
should be closed.

Really tho, I wasn't thinking of the DRM.  I was thinking about the
poor quality of Apple's music tracks, in the first place.  For that
xtra $, they may be be DRM-free now, but they're *still*
pre-equalized / sampled / tuned for ear buds -- so they smell like
padadodo on a real sound system or when compared to a half-decent CD
rip.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.