On 09-09-15 06:57 PM, Len Gerstel wrote:
> Since you are running a Sawtooth and probably going to stick with
> 10.4, you probably do not need to worry about an Apple update making
> the card unbootable. That is why I still have the 120GB drives on the
> main IDE channel.

This concern, added to the "what the heck is that..I'd never want to
hear that", in response to the better half hearing the SCSI's spin,
added to what Bruce said earlier, caused me to take 'em out, wrap 'em up
and install a regular ATA drive. Now, I want to see about finding the
fastest ATA I could afford and use that instead. Meanwhile, also, this
machine is noisy. Anyone know of a quiet fan I could replace with?