Is it flash video? Flash seems to eat processor cycles under osx for
some reason, so it could be that things are just getting too hot and
causing it to freak out. Is there anything else you can do to work the
processor (video encoding, or even a batch of using iTunes to convert
things from/to mp3 to any other format should do it). If that makes
the machine freeze/shut down we'd confirm that it's heat!
Install more fans/give everything inside a clean. There might be
software methods of keeping things cool, or at least limiting how hard
the CPU will work (nap mode), I'm sure others will have more useful
input too