We disconnected the ethernet and started up the computer, then shut it
down, plugged the ethernet back in and it's fine. We have a new
problem though. We need to run the software update but the previous
owner (her uncle) has a password on it and we don't know it, can't get
it because he has passed away. Is there a way to bypass it? Or do we
have to reinstall the OS? She was going to go and buy Leopard but I
told her not to before she adds memory. Has anyone here added memory
to a Mini? I've heard it's tricky because it's easy to screw it up.
She's only got 256mb on it so I don't think she can run Leopard at
this point. The next priority is to get past the password issue.