On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 10:49 PM, Bill Christensen <
billc_li...@greenbuilder.com> wrote:

> At 10:09 AM -0400 10/25/09, Wallace Adrian D'Alessio wrote:
> >There is nothing wrong with the LEM swap list. In fact I think it is
> >a great resource and has served most of us well.
> >
> >Many of us also know about Goodwill stores and the opportunities
> >there to help your communities by buying there or donating items.
> >And many times old Macs can be found there for a song.
> >
> >But how many of you know of the Yahoo group " Freecycle" ?
> >
> >Just a suggestion.
>
> We regularly Freecycle and Goodwill donate our old Macs and parts,
> and sometimes pick stuff up from them as well.  Goodwill was the
> recent recipient of several Beiges and a bunch of old PowerComputing
> power supplies, among other things.  The local Goodwill here in
> Austin has half of one of their stores dedicated to their "Computer
> Works" resales.   They're a little overpriced - I can usually get
> stuff for better prices on LEMSwap - but this is a pretty tech-proud
> city.   By that I mean people tend to put higher prices on their
> stuff than is usually warranted - I have never seen a Mac on
> Craigslist here for a really good price, for instance.

___________________

the university town I am in here in N.E.Ohio is about the most Mac
populated in the area so the newer ones are kept a long time. No one is
giving out G5s here or I would have one!
But G3s and older are common give-aways.

 5 miles away is practically PC only country! Relatively speaking.
--
Adrian D'Alessio aka; Fluxstringer

fluxstrin...@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/FluxStringer