--- On Tue, 10/27/09, Bill Connelly <billycarm...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Well, I use an M-Audio 2496 Delta Audiophile PCI card, but
> its in a  Quicksilver 2002 Dual 1GHz under 10.5.8 ...

Actually This is the kind of feedback I was looking for. I do have the same PCI
card (got cheaply from local Craigslist) and I was using it in a G4 Xserve
(dual 1.33GHz) as a soundcard. I didn't try its midi connection. But you can't
put a PCI card in a PowerBook :-( and I was looking for a portable solution to
playing out. So it would seem that your Motifs built-in USB port seems to work
with a 1.1 USB port. That means that either my PB does have enough CPU omph or
the cheap Turtle Beach midi interface I have just doesn't work very well.
Hummm....

In either case I guess I made the right decision to go with a firewire
interface. It will either work ok with my PB now or a new one latter. I will
report back latter.

> Its USB 1.1 and seems to be fast enough for the MIDI/USB.

It used to be possible to do midi on a 16MHz Atari ST!!! My PB is 54 times as
fast and struggling. I think we are moving backwards!