At 7:28 AM -0800 11/3/2009, Evan wrote:
>I need another USB 2.0 on my G4 (or two). Do I need to buy a powered
>USB 2.0 hub?

If the devices you need to connect draw lots of power, or you're
using very long cables, then you might need a powered hub.
Otherwise, an unpowered one will do fine.

>Are there any that aren't supported on the G4 MDD?

They're pretty standard.

>Do the newer apple keyboards include a USB 2.0 socket?

The bluetooth keyboards have no USB sockets.

The wired keyboards include USB 2 ports.

>Can I use a newer keyboard with my G4?

Yes, but note that Apple's current keyboards require OS X 10.5.6 or newer.

IMO there are better keyboard choices available.  Hit your local
computer stores and try some.  I really like my Logitech keyboard -
much more responsive than Apple's offerings.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.