On 10 Nov 2009, at 16:20, Jeffrey Engle <macgu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2.3ghz early 2005 G5 tower.... when I go up to the apple menu and
> select "sleep" , the monitor goes to sleep, hard drives spin down..
> but the light refuses to "pulse"... Is there a way to return the
> mother/logic board back to factory defaults?
>
> I've tried PRAM reset, all the settings in "energy saver", pulling RAM
> modules, pci cards, and booted into a new user to no avail. any ideas?
> Jeff

If it otherwise appears to actually be asleep, it could just be that
the little LED that would normally pulse is just knackered?
Happened to my G4 PowerBook...
Assuming the machine wakes again that is.
Or, there's the power manager reset thing, not sure if that only
applies to laptops though, and the technique varies between models
(usually sone strange key combination on startup). Info should be on
the apple knowledgebase thing somewhere.
Full of technical terms eh?