Yes and after the first such back up, the subsequent backups usually complete
in less than six minutes when backing  up about 14 GB of software and data
which is all I carry on my 533 DP G4 DA running under OS 10.4.11.

--- On Fri, 11/13/09, Dan <dantear...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Dan <dantear...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: CCC hosed t-bird
To: g3-5-list@googlegroups.com
Date: Friday, November 13, 2009, 6:19 PM

At 7:55 PM -0600 11/13/2009, Charles Lenington wrote:

>23:47:52    Verifying exclusive access to source volume...
>23:47:52    Aborting block-level clone, starting over with file-level clone.

You don't want a block-level clone - block for block, *error for
error*.  The point of a backup is to be accessible -- so set CCC to
do an Incremental Backup - even when initially populating the backup
volume.  That way it generates a NEW / CLEAN file system.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.