I don't know anything about CCC, but last month I had a big hard drive
drop dead in my G5 that was full of  movies, made by iMovie, Final Cut
Express, and Final Cut Pro. But fortunately I have this G5 connected
to a 1 TB external hard drive with Time Machine backing up to it, and
it saved the day. I put a new hard drive in the G5 and told Time
Machine to restore the data from the dead drive to it, and it worked
perfectly. Every restored movie launches and runs just fine, and the
OS was also restored and boots up without a hitch. After the restore
process was done (it took hours) it was as if the original drive had
never died; everything was back to normal and works great.

Another thing: since Time Machine makes hourly backups, when I'm
editing video and really screw something up, all I have to do is enter
Time Machine and go back a few hours to get an earlier version of the
movie and start over. Very convenient.

So I can certainly recommend and endorse Time Machine.

Tom