On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Bob Whiton <m...@rswhiton.com> wrote:

> The OP was complaining about Google's email formatting, not web browsing.

I'm not sure what people think is happening ... well, for that matter
I'm not positive I know what is happening either.

But I believe Google does not do anything much beyond forward a note
that is sent to the group in HTML format. If you're seeing "ugly"
formatting I would blame it on the email client the sender used rather
than on something that Google has introduced.

It's largely because of the messed up formatted emails I sometimes see
forwarded by this group that I try to always post in "plain text"
format. I would suggest others do the same.

It can be hard to remember sometimes though. I've found that gmail
will automatically use HTML formatting if the message I'm responding
to used it. I have to notice this and explicitly choose to use plain
text format instead. Sometimes I miss it.

-irrational john