MacDiva wrote:
> yes, I know that. But my goal is to do   it wireless. The wireless
> router is in another room, so  I  cannot connect the 3 PCs with wires
> unless I ran them through the floor, etc to that room, which I dom't
> want to do, hence, the DYNEX ethernet router.
>
> Now, with   some twicking of parameters and resetting the DYNEX
> router, the G4 can see the XP, but I have only one remaining
> connection that is not working:
>
>  The XP cannot see the iMac.
>
> I added  the iMac to ”Network Places“  in the Windows XP  and it shows
> up, but I can only see FAXES and PRINTERS.  The setting of the Imac
> allows it to be seen by the G4, and I don't see anything else I can
> change in the iMac or the XP to make it ”shareable“.

Macs can use AFP (AppleShare), SMB (Windows sharing) or FTP to see other
Macs.  Windows uses SMB only (unless an FTP client is used).

Is Windows Sharing enabled on the iMac?

So two Macs being seen by each other but not by a Windows machine means
that Windows sharing is probably not on.

In Leopard this is in the System Preferences / Sharing / File Sharing /
Options - Share files and folders using SMB.  And make sure at least one
Account is checked too.

In Tiger this is in the System Preferences / Sharing / Windows Sharing.
  And make sure at least one Account is checked too (using the
Accounts... button).

Also check the firewall to make sure it is either off or the Windows
sharing port(s) are open.

--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA