On Nov 23, 5:08 pm, "Gorka L Martinez Mezo" <g...@gmx.net> wrote:
> I`m slowly upgrading an old G4 Gigabit Ethernet for the young son of a
> friend.
>

> It is still used to play games and the original ATI Rage 128 with 16mb VRAM
> isn`t up to the task of running Medal of Honor as fluidly as it should.
>
> Being not too familiar with this model, and after a Google search, I`m
> looking for advice on how to upgrade the video card.

snip

> The ATI Radeon 7500 Mac Edition seems to be compatible, but at 32Mb doesn`t
> seems to provide much advantage for mid-2000s needs!

For the time, the 32MB Radeon 7500 was a significant upgrade from the
16MB Rage. The other option is a GeForce 2MX. IIRC, they were pretty
much top of the line then. Twice the vram and faster processor yielded
a significant speed bump.

Here is a link to a Barefeats test of the Radeon, GeForce and the Rage
in a 466 DA.

http://www.barefeats.com/graphiX.htm

While the DA has a 4X AGP, the speed differences will be similar to a
2X slot. It shows the Radeon and the GeForce as anywhere from 5% to
300% faster than the Rage Pro. I would go with one of those as a bang
for the buck test.

Now if you have games that run under OS 9, there is a pci card that
blows them away, the VooDoo 5 5000. The meanest, badest, fastest pci
video card, but not supported under OS X.

HTH,
Len