At 4:34 PM -0500 12/7/2009, yersi...@cybernex.net wrote:

>After my BF replaced its PRAM battery, the Mini worked just fine.

GREAT!!!!!!

>Here's the problem -- when I go to System Prefs and click "Network," I
>get this dialog box that says "Your network settings have been changed
>by another application." I click the OK in this box, but it keeps
>popping up in my face, it won't go away, I can't actually get at my
>network preferences.

Go into the Security system preferences and check the item to make it
lock your system preferences.

What's happening is that the Network pane is comparing its stored
settings against the live settings currently running (that were
updated by the DHCP client) - and complaining that there's a
difference.  Locking things will make that complaint go away.   Dumb
bug.

>One more quickie question: I decided to unmount one of the Quicksilver's
>   internal HDs from the Mini, then decided I wanted it back, only when I
>go to Network (from either a Sidebar or the Go menu in Finder), it no
>longer "offers" that drive -- it's greyed out. Anyone know why?

Did the drive spin down on the QS?

Tip:  While the drive is mounted, make an alias of it.  Then you can
remount it simply by double-clicking that alias, without having to go
into the Networks pane and waiting for it to refresh.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.