Ted writes,

"See http://www.titanium.free.fr/pgs/english/apps.html

for all your Onyx needs..."

Thank you for the link, but I found that yesterday and downloaded the
1.8.5 one since it said Tiger, only it turned out to have a minimum
system requirement of 10.4.3 (my Mini runs 10.4.2, yes, deliberately).
Anyway, I just took a shot out of the blue and copied my Onyx 1.7.5 from
the Quicksilver (even though that runs 10.4.11) to the Mini. It opened
and while it seems to be taking a zillion years to do it (seriously,
about half an hour: I started it and left it to run while I cooked and
ate brunch), it's forcibly emptying the Trash like I told it to.

Seems it's taking way too long to do this, though. Maybe I'll download
the Panther version and see if that will run on the Mini.

~Yersinia.